Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Outreach Blog 6

Outreach Blog 6
            My sixth and final engagement was the same as the ones before it, a four hour session on the from eight in the morning to noon.  The location was again Mrs. Fyke’s classroom at Dexter High School.  The participants were the students in her three freshman English classes and a class of sophomore English students.
            My last time in the class was nice.  Mrs. Fyke let the students know that it was my last day with the class and a few of the kids half jokingly and I think somewhat sincerely gave “oh darns”.  I let her know and them know that with all the possible free time I might have on my hands after graduation that I might come back to help out, learn and stay engaged in the community artistically.

            I don’t think I rocked any of their worlds and any of our meetings was something that changed the course of their lives forever but I do think I help in some small way.  Not everything and every lesson has to make a radical shift in thought and perception.  Hopefully the approach I took and the methods I used planted a seed that will grow in ways I hope but more likely in ways I can’t imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment